What to Expect with Custom LASIK Laser Surgery
- Customized topographic or wavefront technology creates a unique treatment plan for your individual eye.
- Your doctor will determine the precise treatment by either using a 3D or wavefront map, giving you the best results for each eye.
During the Procedure
- You’ll be given anesthetic eye drops for comfort with the option to take a light sedative to relax.
- The femtosecond laser creates the corneal flap by using bladeless technology.
- The excimer laser modifies the shape of your cornea to optimize your vision.
- The corneal flap is put back in place and immediately begins to heal.
After the Procedure
- Protective eye shields will help your eyes continue healing from your LASIK eye surgery.
- Keep your eyes closed as much as possible for the first 6 hours following surgery.
- Most patients can drive without glasses the following day but it is advisable to wait for approximately 1 week before performing strenuous activities.